- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the overall yard including picking up trash, sweeping, cleaning the saw, helping with snow removal, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of the forklift. Assist with scheduling any maintenance or repairs that are needed.
- Keep company trailers maintained – grease fittings, assist with scheduling or completion of any repairs, etc.
- Keep any company trucks you use or are assigned to clean and well kept. Assist with scheduling or completion of any maintenance or repairs.
- Keep materials neat, organized, and banded.
- Keep weeds trimmed.
- Unload and receive materials as they are delivered from suppliers.
- Communicate with the office on what materials were received, any damages, and any backorder/short materials.
- Pick up any orders from suppliers as required using a company truck and trailer.
- Keep an eye on inventory levels of materials and work with the appropriate personnel to get any materials ordered that are low.
- Assist with monthly inventories of all materials.
- Assist crews with loading of the trucks in the morning.
- Complete millwork duties to include cutting various post top shapes (dog ear, pointed, angle bevel, etc.), cutting dados into posts, and ripping pickets to batts.
- Maintain any company provided tools or equipment in clean, working order. Report any issues to your supervisor immediately.
- Perform any fence repairs as needed such as gate adjustments, replacing posts or other materials, or other miscellaneous items.
- Install various styles of fences (rail, privacy, etc) made from various materials (cedar, PVC, Trex, ornamental iron, chain link).
- Complete all paperwork required for any fence installations you complete.